- Are you using marijuana more than your physician has recommended or for reasons other than your approved course of treatment?
- Have you reduced your activities due to your use of medical marijuana, or replaced activities specifically to use marijuana?
- Are you continuing to use marijuana to escape from problems?
- Do you depend on marijuana to increase your creativity or to relax and enjoy yourself?
- Do you continue to use the product despite the adverse effects it is causing to your life?
- Do you choose relationship or activities based on a need for them to include the use of marijuana?
Some patients, regardless of medication, may experience issues of abuse or addiction. The following indicators could be signs of an issue. Tolerance: Prolonged or excessive use will result in a need to use a larger dose to produce the same effect. Dependency: Escalating symptoms resulting from a reduction in the amount of drug normally consumed by a person experiencing tolerance to a drug. Withdraw: When a dependent patient discontinues all use of the drug, more severe symptoms will occur. Patients using medical marijuana may begin to feel experience feelings of dependence or addiction to this form of treatment. If you begin to feel that you are experiencing a problem with your treatment we recommend that you administer yourself the following questions and adhere to a policy of absolute honesty: